2021 C2C Participant Info
Connecting People who Care with Causes that Matter
Last year, over 1,000 individuals raised $148K plus a $40K match for a total of $188K for 56 Lorain County non-profit organizations through Connect to a Cause!
Join us this year as we work towards our goal of raising $250K for 65 organizations while expanding our number of donors. Thanks to the $21,500 provided by our Business Champions, along with a $21K donation from the Community Foundation, organizations will receive a prorated portion of the $42,500 match fund for every dollar raised.
This year, Facebook Live interviews will be hosted from four locations throughout the county. Each two-hour block will focus on one of the four grant areas the Community Foundation supports.
10AM to 12PM – Health & Human Services (Lorain County Urban League)
12PM to 2PM – Education & Youth (Save Our Children)
2PM to 4PM – Arts & Culture (Amherst Historical Society)
4PM to 6PM – Strengthening Lorain County (Lorain County Visitors Bureau)
In an effort to keep everyone healthy, all Facebook Live sessions will now be held via Zoom, or send us a pre-recorded video. Each interview will be 5 minutes. If you have any questions, please contact Britt at BLovett@peoplewhocare.org.
On September 16, watch the livestream on the Community Foundation’s Facebook page. You will be able to share the broadcast to your organization’s page.
Zoom Meeting ID 698 427 8871
One tap Mobile +1-301-715-8592 or 698-427-8871 (Wash DC)
C2C Participant Tool Kit
Our Connect to a Cause marketing toolkit is shown below. The toolkit includes various digital marketing pieces for you to use on your website, social media, in newsletters or in other creative ways. You are encouraged to find other unique and creative ways that tie into your organization’s mission to share your message.
Two personalized social media graphics were emailed to each organization on July 14. These can be downloaded from the email and used throughout the campaign.
If you have questions, please contact Britt, Marketing & Communications Officer at Blovett@peoplewhocare.org.
General C2C Social Media Graphics
Download these graphics for use on social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram
Business Champions Flyer
Showcases all of the Business Champions who have provided dollars for the match fund.
September 8 Webinar Video
Learn about the Golden Hours and other last minute additions to get your organization ready cof C2C 2021! ACCESS CODE +27!B=Iz
FAQs for Organizations
Connect to a Cause is a community-wide day of giving created to support our local non-profit agencies in Lorain County. It is modeled after the idea of crowdfunding, which is, according to Google, the practice of funding a venture by raising many small amounts of money from a large number of people typically via the internet. In this instance, all donations will be coordinated by the Community Foundation of Lorain County and then disbursed to participating organizations following the day of giving. The more you promote your participation, the more donations you will receive.
- There is no limit to the amount of money a non-profit can raise during Connect to a Cause. The number of donors is also not limited.
- 25% of the organization’s fundraising proceeds from Connect to a Cause will remain in each organization’s agency endowment fund. The remaining donations will be given directly to the organization to support their mission.
- A preliminary donation total will be announced after 8:00 PM on Thursday, September 16.
- Proceeds will be available to organizations around October 1. More details about how and where you will receive your check will be shared at a later date.
Any Lorain County non-profit 501(c)(3) organization who has an agency endowment fund with Community Foundation of Lorain County is able to participate in Connect to a Cause; however the registration period for all organizations closed on March 31, 2021 and will not be extended. Please look for information about next year’s event in January of 2022.
Now is the time to create a promotional calendar and schedule for your organization! You are encouraged to share your participation with with supporters, donors, volunteers, employees, and Board Members.
- Our Connect to a Cause marketing toolkit is shown below. The toolkit includes various digital marketing pieces for you to use on your website, social media, in newsletters or in other creative ways. You are welcome to find other unique and creative ways that tie into your organization’s mission to share your message.
- Two informational webinars will be held for participants – July 15 and September 8 at 11:00am. A representative from participating organizations are required to attend both of these meetings. During the July meeting, we will discuss the toolkit and any possible prize offerings. The September meeting will feature day-of-event operations and answer any last minute questions.
- If you have questions or additional suggestions, please contact Brittany Lovett, Marketing & Communications Officer at Community Foundation of Lorain County email@example.com or 440.984.7390.
Two informational webinars will be held for participants – July 15 and September 8 at 11:00am.
A representative from participating organizations are required to attend both of these meetings. During the July meeting, we will discuss the toolkit and any possible prize offerings. The September meeting will feature day-of-event operations and answer any last minute questions.
Connect to a Cause participating organizations who receive credit card donations during select time periods will be entered to win an additional $1K – thanks to our Business Champions!
- Any online donation during these select hours count as one entry: 10am to 11am and 3pm to 4pm
- One entry for each unique donor
- Winners will be randomly selected and announced via the Community Foundation of Lorain County’s Facebook Live at 12pm and 5pm
- The same organization cannot win both Golden Hours.
If you have additional questions, please contact Britt at Blovett@peoplewhocare.org.
We are grateful for the support from our Connect to a Cause Business Champions. So far, 21 local businesses have stepped up to donate $1,000. Combined with the Community Foundation of Lorain County’s contribution of $21,000, this will be a prorated donation match to all 65 participating Connect to a Cause non-profits. This match amount is more than double what was available last year. The more you give, the more your causes that you care about can benefit from the match!
If you are a business that wants to add to this impact, please get in touch with Laura Malone, Development Officer, at 440.984.7390.
There is no fee associated with participating in Connect to a Cause for the organization. However, any donation made via credit card will incur processing fees of 2.9% plus $0.30. We have implemented an option for donors to cover a portion of the credit card fee at a flat rate of 3%.
Credit card fees of 2.9% plus $0.30 incurred for each credit card donation will be netted against the match dollar amount. We have implemented an option for donors to cover a portion of the credit card fee at a flat rate of 3% which will be added to the gross gift amount.
Donor chooses not to cover credit card fees
Gift Amount: $100.00
Match Amount: (Add) $4.00*
Credit Card Fee: (Subtract) $3.20
Net Amount to Organization: $100.80
Donor chooses to cover a portion of the credit card fees of 3%
Gift Amount: $100.00
Match Amount: (Add) $4.00*
Credit Card Fee covered by donor: (Add) $3.09
Credit Card Fee: (Subtract) $3.29
Net amount to the organization: $103.80
*Match amounts are estimated in these examples and will be based upon the total amount of funds raised.
The easiest way for your donor to make a donation will be through the Community Foundation website at peoplewhocare.org by using a debit or credit card.
- Checks and cash are also acceptable forms of payment.
- Checks and/or cash must be postmarked by Thursday, September 16 or delivered in-person to the Foundation office by 8:00 PM on September 16.
- A donation form is included in the toolkit and it must accompany all check and cash donations in order for it to be applied to their Connect to a Cause total (one form per donation).
- While recurring donations are encouraged, only donations received on the Connect to a Cause day count towards the total.
- The minimum donation amount is $5.
The Community Foundation will acknowledge all contributions. Automatic thank you emails will go out to all donors who donate via credit card at peoplewhocare.org.
Following Connect to a Cause, a list of donors will be sent to each organization, however, donors who wish to remain anonymous will remain anonymous.
For marketing, or general event questions:
Brittany Lovett, Marketing and Communications Officer
For questions regarding your endowment fund:
Laura Malone, Development Officer
For technical questions regarding the grant catalog or downloading an item from the online toolkit:
Missy Timko, Data Management Coordinator
For questions regarding donations:
Jim Stobe, CFO
Learn from your Peers
Laura Malone, Community Foundation Development Officer, lead discussions with several of C2C’s top fundraising organizations from 2020. Learn their best practices and how they can be adapted to fit the needs of your organization.