Helping Students Achieve Their Goals
Scholarships align with the Community Foundation’s mission: connecting people who care with causes that matter. As part of our support for education, we administer scholarship funds established by individuals and organizations. Whether it’s medical school, journalism, ministry, nursing, or engineering, our scholarship donors make pursuing a career more attainable for all our high school and professional school students.
A large variety of scholarships are available and are based on a field of study, merit, financial need, and community involvement. By completing our Universal Grant Application, our system will automatically match your skills and financial need with the criteria for each scholarship. This eliminates the need to complete multiple scholarship applications.
Questions about scholarships?
Our scholarship application period is now closed and will open again in December 15, 2023.
All applicants should complete our Universal Application in order to apply. Our system will automatically match your skills and financial need with the criteria for each scholarship. This eliminates the need to complete multiple scholarship applications.
Here are some tips to help you prepare.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The 2024 scholarship application will be available beginning December 15, 2023. Applications are due by March 2, 2024 at 11:59pm.
- Our 2024 Scholarship recipients will be notified via email by May 31, 2024.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA or higher as required by specific scholarships.
- Transcripts must be official. Official transcripts can be obtained only from your College Bursar’s Office or High School Guidance Office.
- All applicants must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and submit the page showing their Student Aid Index (SAI).
- Students eligible for renewals will be contacted via email in January. If your scholarship is renewable, you must reapply each year. Renewals are competitive and at the committee’s discretion.
- Awards are paid to post-secondary accredited educational institutions, not to individuals or bookstores.
- Decisions approved by the Community Foundation Board of Directors are rendered in May and are final.
number of students
scholarship dollars given