Supporting Students to Achieve Their Goals
Scholarships align with the Community Foundation’s mission: connecting people who care with causes that matter. As part of our support for education, we administer scholarship funds established by individuals and organizations. Whether it’s medical school, journalism, ministry, nursing, or engineering, our scholarship donors make pursuing a career more attainable for all our high school and professional school students.
A large variety of scholarships are available and are based on a field of study, merit, financial need, and community involvement. Our simplified Universal Application seamlessly matches students’ interests and financial needs with specific scholarship criteria.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Update 2.14.24
We appreciate your interest in our scholarships.
As part of our commitment to providing accessible opportunities for higher education and trade schools, we have revised our procedures to align with the evolving financial aid landscape.
1. New Deadline: The deadline for scholarship applications is now April 1st, 2024 at 11:59 pm. Please mark your calendars accordingly. No additional deadlines will be extended.
2. FAFSA Requirement: In light of changes in the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), we now require applicants to submit their estimated Student Aid Index (SAI). Additionally, applicants must upload a screenshot of either the completed FAFSA screen displaying the estimated SAI or the confirmation email received upon completion.
Please do not hesitate to contact our office for any inquiries or assistance throughout the application process. You can reach us by phone at 440.984.7390 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants must complete our Universal Application, designed to automatically match their skills and financial needs with specific criteria for each scholarship. This streamlines the application process, eliminating the need for multiple submissions.
- Starting December 15, you may apply for the 2024 school year. Begin by creating a profile and selecting the scholarship option.
- Applications must be submitted by April 1st, 2024 at 11:59 pm.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified via email no later than May 31, 2024.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Minimum 2.0 GPA or higher, as specified by individual scholarships.
- Official transcripts are required, obtainable only from your College Bursar’s Office or High School Guidance Office.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and submit the page showing their Student Aid Index (SAI).
- Students eligible for scholarship renewals will be contacted via email in January.
- Renewable scholarships require annual reapplication and are subject to competitive review by the committee.
- Awards are disbursed directly to post-secondary accredited educational institutions, not to individuals or bookstores.
- Decisions recommended by the scholarship committees receive approval from the Community Foundation Board of Directors and will be finalized in May.
number of students
scholarship dollars given