Apply for a Grant
The Community Foundation of Lorain County has a variety of funding opportunities for nonprofit organizations that serve Lorain County residents in the areas of: Arts and Culture, Education and Youth, Health and Human Servies, and Strengthening Lorain County. Our grant applications are available through our online grant portal.
All applications are due by 5:00 pm on the due date, regardless if it is a weekend or holiday. If applying online is a barrier, we encourage you to contact us and we will work with you to ensure you are able to submit a grant request.
Current Grants Available
Lakeland Community Foundation Mini-Grant
The Lakeland Community Foundation Endowment Fund awards $500 grants to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations based in Lorain County. This grant has a rolling deadline.
Grant Cycle Calendar
|GRANT||DESCRIPTION||CYCLE OPENS||DEADLINE||BOARD DECISION|
|February Community Grant||General operating and project support for organizations serving Lorain County.||January 1||February 1||Late July|
|July Community Grant||General operating and project support for organizations serving Lorain County.||June 1||July 1||Late December|
|African American Community Fund||Support for projects that improve the quality of life for the African American community of Lorain County.||October 15||November 15||Late January|
|Hispanic Fund||Provides grants to programs that are committed to improving and promoting socioeconomic and educational opportunities within the Hispanic community.||April 30||May 31||July|
|Women’s Fund||Awards grants to improve the quality of life for women and children in Lorain County.||August 1||September 1||November|
|Youth Fund Service Learning Grants||Service Learning links community service to curriculum areas. Available to Lorain County teachers grades K-12.||October 1||November 1||Late November|
|Huron County Community Foundation||Awards grants to programs in the fields of Education, Social Services, Arts and Culture, Civic Affairs, Health, and Economic Development.||December 15||January 15||Late March|
|Huron County Community Foundation||Awards grants to programs in the fields of Education, Social Services, Arts and Culture, Civic Affairs, Health, and Economic Development.||July 15||August 15||Late September|
|Lakeland Community Foundation Minigrants||Awards $500 minigrants to nonprofit organizations based in Lorain County.||Beginning of each month||Rolling Deadline & Decision|
|Racial Equity Fund||Provides funds to organizations that support the transformation of structures and systems with the goal of providing access and equal experiences||Now Open||October 1|
- The Board is interested in innovative programs that are responsive to community needs, partnerships, and collaborative efforts. Lower priority is given to capital and equipment requests, mandated services, and duplication of existing services.
- The Community Foundation of Lorain County has four primary funding areas: Arts and Culture, Education and Youth, Health and Human Services, and Strengthening Lorain County.
- For the Community Grant Cycles, grant seekers may only apply once per calendar year (February/July grant cycles). Grant Seekers are welcome to apply for additional Affiliate Fund Grants.
- Organizations must be located in or provide services to residents within Lorain County. Grant seekers outside Lorain County must provide information on Lorain County residents served.
- Grant awards will only go to tax-exempt organizations classified as 501(c)(3) charities by the Internal Revenue Service. If your program does not have a tax-exempt ruling from the IRS, please complete the Fiscal Sponsor Information Form.
- Reporting requirements from prior grants must be fulfilled before submitting a new application.
- Grants will not be made to individuals, for debt reduction, loans, for-profit businesses, tickets for benefits, annual appeals, tours, telephone solicitations, political campaigns, and religious activities. Scholarships will only be paid to accredited educational institutions (no payments to students).
- The Board is very concerned about the accountability and sustainability of programs. Organizations should have a diversified funding base.
If you experience any technical difficulties, please contact our office at email@example.com or 440.984.7390.