African American Community Fund Spark Tank Now Accepting Applications
Be a Spark
Ignite a spark in Lorain County by submitting a proposal for the African American Community Fund’s Spark Tank competition. As selected by the AACF, three finalists will present to the community during the virtual SPARK TANK event on Saturday, October 16, 2021, and celebrity judges will determine first, second, and third-place awards. Projects must align with the mission of the AACF to be considered.
The mission of the African American Community Fund: To aggressively promote and encourage self-sufficiency and self-esteem in the African American community; to improve the physical, economic, and educational conditions that affect the quality of life for all citizens; to encourage dialogue to strengthen race relations and to support social, health, and educational growth in the community by financially assisting and encouraging the development of activities that will strengthen the total community.
- The deadline for applications is 11:59 pm on Monday, August 23rd.
- Three (3) applicants will be selected to present a 15-minute presentation at the virtual October 16, 2021, Spark Tank event from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
- Total funding for the combined projects will be $3,000, and celebrity judges will determine winners. Please scale your project budget accordingly.
- Organizations must be a registered 501(c)3 or partner with a Fiscal Sponsor.
- Awardees must submit two follow-up reports to the AACF via this online grants website.
- One midterm report is to be submitted by December 15, 2021.
- One final report is to submitted by September 2, 2022.