The Jim Doughman COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD
Exemplifying the Commitment to Serve
It is with great pleasure that the Community Foundation of Lorain County (Community Foundation) welcomes nominations for the 2021 Jim Doughman Community Service Award.
Jim Doughman began his career with Nordson Corporation in 1966, and in 1976 was promoted as Director of Public Affairs. The perfect candidate for the job, Jim was an exceptional community advocate, exemplifying Nordson’s philosophy of “giving back”, which extended to his personal life. One would be hard-pressed to find a non-profit that wasn’t impacted by Jim’s care and concern. Jim passed away in December 1997, ending a long career of nurturing non-profit organizations and fostering the development of partnership and leadership.
In 1998, the Jim Doughman Community Service Award Fund was established at the Community Foundation through close friends and family efforts and supported by generous donations from many contributors. The Fund provides for a biennial award presented to an outstanding individual for exceptional leadership in making a difference in the lives of those who live in Lorain County. The recipient will receive $1,000 to donate to the public charity of their choice.
Nomination criteria for the Jim Doughman Community Service Award:
- Must be a resident of Lorain County or an organization whose primary service area is Lorain County.
- Must have made a significant impact on a recognized need in the county.
- Must have shown outstanding personal commitment in dealing with this need.
- Must have exhibited leadership skills as either an individual or an organization.
- Diversity will be considered when selecting honorees, including as it relates to the business and industries represented, as well as geography, age, race, culture, gender, and experience.
Questions about this award?
The application deadline is on May 07, 2021, at 5:00 PM. We will announce the winner at the Community Foundation of Lorain County’s Annual Meeting on June 16, 2021.