Connect to a Cause 2021
Connecting People who Care with Causes that Matter
Last year, our community raised $148K plus a $40K match for a total of $188K for Lorain County non-profit organizations through Connect to a Cause! Over 1,000 individuals donated money to the 56 organizations that participated in Connect to a Cause 2020.
Join us on Thursday, September 16, 2021, from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM as we inspire more donors in our community to increase their impact by donating even more dollars this year! Your donations combined with the generous donation matching by our Business Champions (more below) will have a lasting impact on Lorain County non-profit organizations.
Find your passion
Connect to a Cause 2021 will provide support to 65 organizations in all aspects of philanthropy. If you are passionate about providing to those less fortunate, you will be able to support organizations that provide basic needs such as food, clothing, and housing. Do you think the need for quality youth education and programming the key to our future, then Connect to a Cause will have just the organizations for you to support! Don’t forget about our four-legged friends and our local historical and Main Street associations. Fuel your passion and support your favorite organization.
FAQs for Donors
Connect to a Cause is a community-wide day of giving created to support our local non-profit agencies in Lorain County. It is modeled after the idea of crowdfunding, which is, according to Google, the practice of funding a venture by raising many small amounts of money from a large number of people typically via the internet. In this instance, all donations will be coordinated by the Community Foundation of Lorain County and then disbursed to participating organizations following the day of giving.
- There is no limit to the amount of money a non-profit can raise during Connect to a Cause. The number of donors is also not limited.
- 25% of the organization’s fundraising proceeds from Connect to a Cause will remain in each organization’s agency endowment fund. The remaining donations will be given directly to the organization to support their mission.
- A preliminary donation total will be announced after 8:00 PM on Thursday, September 16.
- Thanks to 21 Business Champions plus a $21K donation from the Community Foundation of Lorain County, an additional $42K match fund has been created. These funds will be prorated based upon the amount raised by each organization.
Any Lorain County non-profit 501(c)(3) organization who has an agency endowment fund with Community Foundation of Lorain County is able to participate in Connect to a Cause. This year, we are supporting 65 organizations, 17 of which are first-time participants. A list of all 65 organizations can be found here.
Organizations were required to register by March 31, 2021. If the organization you are looking to support is not listed as a participant, please encourage them to register for next year’s event.
There is no limit to the amount of money a non-profit can raise during Connect to a Cause. Last year, over $148,000 was raised and this year we hope to exceed our goal of $250,000!
The number of donors is also not limited. However, we do ask that all donors not making donations on our website use our Connect to a Cause Check/Cash Contribution Form.
The easiest way for your donor to make a donation will be through the Community Foundation website at peoplewhocare.org by using a debit or credit card.
- Checks and cash are also acceptable forms of payment.
- Checks and/or cash must be postmarked by Thursday, September 16 or delivered in-person to the Foundation office by 8:00 PM on September 16.
- This donation form must accompany all check and cash donations in order for it to be applied to their Connect to a Cause total (one form per donation).
- While recurring donations are encouraged, only donations received on the Connect to a Cause day count towards the total.
- The minimum donation amount is $5.
While recurring donations are encouraged and appreciated, only donations received on the Connect to a Cause day count towards the total.
You can set up either a monthly, quarterly or annual recurring donation online using your debit or credit card.
A preliminary donation total will be announced after 8:00 PM on Thursday, September 16. We hope to publish the final results the first week of October.
For marketing or general event questions:
Brittany Lovett, Marketing and Communications Officer
For questions regarding establishing an endowment fund and Business Champions:
Laura Malone, Development Officer
For technical questions regarding the grant catalog or updating your registration form:
Missy Timko, Data Management Coordinator
For questions regarding donations:
Jim Stobe, CFO
FAQ questions updated 7/13/2021.