In addition to the deep dive into economic development in the region, the Community Foundation will present an overview of its impact from 2015 and Brian Frederick will speak to other initiatives that the Foundation is investing in, including the push for fair and accessible public transit options for all of Lorain County.
Fund for Our Economic Future details:
• Since 2004, the Fund for Our Economic Future has raised more than $100 million dollars to improve regional economic competitiveness for Northeast Ohio.
• The Community Foundation is one of the original founders of the Fund and it has committed $420,000 over the past 12 years.
• Brian Frederick currently serves as the Fund’s Board Chair.
Community Foundation Grants and Giving for 2015:
• The Foundation received a total of more than $11 million dollars in contributions, including the largest corporate gift in its history
• The Community Foundation awarded and distributed approximately $8.5 million, including $1.5 million in competitive grants to the community.
• The five Affiliate Funds of the Community Foundation awarded a combined total of over $210,000 in grants: the African American Community Fund, the Fund for Huron County, the Hispanic Fund, the Women’s Fund, and the Youth Fund.
• The Community Foundation also provided 168 scholarship awards totaling over $372,000 to Lorain County students pursuing higher education.
Founded in 1980, the Community Foundation of Lorain County is made up of more than 580 endowed Funds valued at approximately $117 million dollars. Assets of the Funds are invested wisely and a percentage of those earnings provide $4.4 annually in grant support to non-profit organizations in Lorain County. For more information on the Community Foundation visit www.peoplewhocare.org.