We connect people who care with causes that matter.
We Do This by:
- Helping donors transform their charitable dreams into permanent legacies.
- Investing in our community through strategic grantmaking.
- Engaging with our community to create a better future.
- Excellence – providing the best service to all.
- Community – putting self aside for the betterment of the whole.
- Integrity – always doing the right thing.
- Integrity is our greatest asset and value trust earned with fiscal responsibility, ethical stewardship, and transparency.
- We believe access to the CFLC should be fair, inclusive, and equitable.
- We believe in purposeful and collaborative community leadership.
- We believe the perpetuity of our efforts are linked to sustainable practices.
- We believe strategy, creativity, and adaptability are keys to thriving in a constantly changing world.
As an institution permanently anchored in Lorain County, the Community Foundation strives to be an open and inclusive vehicle focused on issues important to our donors and community. We craft endowed funds and invest subsequent grants spanning a full spectrum of issues, driven largely by the collective, varied, and charitable interests of our donors. However, we recognize that the Foundation is uniquely positioned, and has a responsibility, to provide leadership on issues of importance to our community. Because we cannot anticipate what these issues might be or how we might respond, we created a Leadership Treatise to guide or actions and to serve as a community promise for our behavior. (click to view)